From the San Marcos school district
The four San Marcos CISD elementary schools have released their registration dates for new students as follows:
A child must be five years of age on or before September 1 to enroll in kindergarten or six years of age on the first day of school to enter first grade, or has been enrolled in the first grade, or has completed kindergarten, in the public schools of another state prior to transferring to a Texas public school.
To enroll a child in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade, the following is required:
· birth certificate or its equivalent,
· immunization records,
· proof of residence including a deed or a lease agreement and a recent utility bill, a student’s social security
· number or state assigned ID number, and photo ID of parent or guardian Registration is handled at the school the child will be attending. For further information, parents should contact the school.
· All children who are five years of age or over, but under 21 years of age on or before the first day of September and who reside within the San Marcos CISD may attend San Marcos CISD schools.
· A minor student residing in the District but whose parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control under a court order does not reside in the District shall present a Power of Attorney assigning responsibility for the student in all school-related matters to an adult resident of the District.
· Students entering a District school from accredited public, private, or parochial schools after grade 1 shall provide evidence of prior schooling outside the District. They shall be placed initially at the grade level reached elsewhere, pending observation by the classroom teacher, guidance personnel, and the principal. On the basis of these observations and results of tests that may be administered by appropriate District personnel, the principal shall determine the final grade placement. “Accredited” shall be defined as accreditation by TEA, an equivalent agency from another state, or an accrediting association recognized by the Commissioner of Education.
· Students entering a District school from non-accredited public, private, or parochial schools, including home schools, shall be placed initially at the discretion of the principal, pending observation by classroom teachers, guidance personnel, and the principal. Criteria for placement may include:
1. Scores on achievement tests, which may be administered by appropriate District personnel.
2. Recommendation of the sending school.
3. Prior academic record.
4. Chronological age and social and emotional development of the student.
5. Other criteria deemed appropriate by the principal.
· The District shall validate high school credit for courses of transfer students from non-accredited public, private, or parochial schools by testing or by other evidence that the courses meet State Board requirements and standards.
Registration Dates: May 5-June 25 and July 22-August 13 from 8 a.m.-Noon and 1-4 p.m.
To be eligible for the pre kindergarten half-day program, a child must be three or four years of age on Sept. 1 of the current school year and must:
2. your child’s immunization record;
3. your child’s Social Security card;
4. proof of residence in the San Marcos CISD, such as parents’ name and address on an electric bill, water bill, gas bill, or apartment/home lease;
5. parents’ identification; and
6. proof of income for everyone living in the home and 2007 Income Tax Return.
For parents who need full day service, one Bonham class is offered at the SMCISD Child Development Center (CDC) at 540 Staples Road. This classroom provides childcare from 7-8 am, Pre-K classes from 8-11 am, and childcare from 11 am to 5 pm.
To register, one must complete the Bonham Pre-K registration noted above and a Child Care Management Services (CCMS) waitlist form if you would like to access and qualify for payment assistance from CCMS. If you do not qualify for CCMS, the weekly fee is $105.
In addition to the instructional classroom and childcare, breakfast, lunch and two nutritional snacks are provided daily. Students will be provided school district transportation to the CDC. For more information about the Pre-K opportunities, contact Bonham Principal Rosemary Garza at 393-6722 or the CDC Director Jennifer Vogel at 393-6868.
The following is required for a first time entry:
· birth certificate or its equivalent,
· immunization records, records from the sending school,
· proof of residence including a deed or a lease agreement and a recent utility bill, a student’s social security number or state assigned ID number, and photo ID of parent or guardian
Registration is handled at the school the child will be attending. For further information, parents should contact the school.Email | Print