By STAFF REPORTS
Around 11PM last evening an electrical fuse on Hutchison Street blew out causing concern for downtown area residents and businesses. According to David Gaona Jr., Crew Leader for San Marcos Electric Utility, several blocks around Hutchison, Guadalupe, and Hopkins streets suffered electrical shortages as a result of the blown fuse.
One downtown resident called the city utility emergency number to report flickering lights and a triggered alarm in his residential office building at the corner of Hopkins and Telephone Alley. Among the buildings impacted were portions of the Methodist Church and the Downtown Police Substation.
Within twenty minutes of notification and arrival on-site, the situation had been corrected and everything appeared to be back to normal according to Mr. Gaona.Email | Print